What is Covered California?
Covered California assists with connecting people with name brand health insurance plans via the Affordable Care Act. This program allows families and individuals with low resources to receive financial aid towards insurance premiums. Varying on income, you might qualify to receive a discount on health care coverage plans or be eligible to receive insurance through your state’s Medi-Cal program.
The various combinations of insurance plans and health coverage types might seem a bit intimidating or perhaps overwhelming at first glance however Lodel’s Insurance Covered California Certified Agents are waiting to assist you in makeing the right choice for you and your family.
Enrollment dates tend to change each year. Open enrollment for the year 2021 is November 1st throughout January 31st, 2021. Open enrollment is the time when you can apply or make changes to your insurance. Usually, if you have any questions it is best to consult us, your Covered California Certified Agents.
Who Qualifies? (Requirements, income level, number of dependents)
Covered California offers the following types of assistance
- Federal Tax Credits, which can reduce the monthly cost of your monthly payment also referred to as (APTC) Advanced Premium Tax Credit
- State Subsidy reduces the cost of your monthly payment.
- Cost-Sharing Reductions is a method in which reductions are subsidized which in turn reduces your out-of-pocket expenses. These out-of-pocket expenses are copays, coinsurance, and deductibles. Cost-sharing price offsets are available for those who qualify for premium assistance. Those who have an annual household income up to 250% percent of the federal poverty level also qualified for the Cost-Sharing Reduction.
To qualify for Federal Tax Credits and State Subsidy you must align with the following requirements
- Be a California Resident
- Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or be lawfully present in the United States.
- Not have access to affordable, minimum-value health insurance through an employer.
- Not be eligible for other public health coverage, including full-scope Medi-Cal, premium-free Medicare Part A or military coverage.
- File taxes for the year that you will be receiving premium assistance.
- File taxes jointly if you are married.
- For federal tax credits, have an annual household income between 100 and 400 percent of the federal poverty level. (Expand)
- For the state subsidy, have an annual household income between 0 and 138 percent or over 200 and up to 600 percent of the federal poverty level.
Why Signup with a Lodel Covered California Certified Agent?
If you have a specific question or would like a second opinion to confirm you are making the best choice in regards to your coverage and monthly premium, feel free to reach out to one of our Covered California Certified Agents to assist you with the process. Why wouldn’t you utilize a seasoned hassle free agent?
- A Covered California Certified Agent is a trained Insurance agent that can provide assistance to any person at no-cost to apply for Coverage California and find the best insurance plan for your family.
- Our Specialist are familiar with the process of the application and are able to provide you with any answer to your specific questions regarding the qualifying and applying process.
- Trained professionals are on site or over the phone to help you through the application process.
“I am pleased and grateful for the services that were provided to me by LoDel Insurance. Before LoDel, I was jobless, battling with cancer and uninsured. Now I do not have to worry about getting my medications thanks to LoDel.”Senora Josefina